This Adult Elective Class titled, "Parenting Well in a Digital World," will be held during second service in Room 5 from 10:45am to 12:00pm Sunday, January 15 and Sunday, January 22.
Please join us for this free, informative presentation to learn more about how to help children be safe, healthy and connected in today’s digital world. We will discuss the latest research on the benefits and challenges that parents and students face in this 24/7 technology driven culture. Speakers include Alex Lerza, LMFT, Chip Stearns, Software Developer, and Valerie Plummer, Love and Logic® instructor. By the end of this interactive session, you will leave with:
· An overview of the digital landscape and awareness of how students are actually using their devices
· Tips and tools to teach safety, time management, and how to become ethical producers and consumers of digital media
· An understanding of the importance of parental engagement and relationship
· Ideas for balancing family life, school work and technology
· Strategies for avoiding power struggles and teaching students how to navigate the dangers and benefits of social media and build a healthy digital reputation
· Guidelines on when to block and when to monitor - balancingprotection with privacy
· A lit of excellent support resources and further reading
Although the class will be directed mostly toward K-12 parents, anyone can benefit from this class.
For questions, contact David Misson